The Chapter 105 program regulates work in and around streams, wetlands and other water bodies with a focus on avoiding or minimizing impacts on water quality, flooding frequency and riparian habitats. Under a Delegation Agreement, the District administers DEP General Permits for various types of work in waterways, including wetlands and stream crossings, streambank stabilization, boat ramp and dock installation, intake and outfall structures and utility line crossings. District staff inspect permitted sites, investigate complaints and provide regulatory and permitting assistance.
e-Permitting Now Available
The Department of Environmental Protection has launched e-permitting for Chapter 105 Wetland and Waterway Obstruction and Encroachment General Permits to make application submission and review more efficient and to enable faster responses to applicants.
DEP has recorded an Electronic Filing Administrator (EFA) and Applicant Training webinar that includes a presentation on the new e-permitting system. The recorded session is a available online as a PDF or MP4.
For Chapter 105 General Permit Registrations, please submit the following:
- Pike County Conservation District Application (PDF) The PDF contains fillable form fields. Open with Adobe Reader and save. Download Adobe Reader if needed.
- Applicable DEP Chapter 105 General Permit Registration forms e-Permit submissions are required, however DEP will accept paper applications to accommodate those whose only option is a paper form.
- Pike County Erosion and Sediment Control Small Projects Guide (PDF), if earth disturbance is proposed as part of the project. The PDF contains fillable form fields. Open with Adobe Reader and save.
Download Adobe Reader if needed.
- Pike County Conservation District Fee Schedule for Services (PDF)
- Pike County Conservation District PNDI Information Sheet (PDF)
- DEP 105 Fee Calculation Worksheet
Resources for Stream Classification Verification
PA Trout Water Classification – Exceptional Value Wetland Determination
Utilize: Approved Trout Waters, Class A Wild Trout Streams, Stream Sections that Support Natural Reproduction of Trout, Wilderness Trout Streams