Earth disturbance activities are regulated under PA DEP’s Chapter 102 Regulations.
The Federal Clean Water Act provides that projects having 1 acre or more of earth disturbance over the life of the project may require an NPDES Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Construction Activities. Examples of earth disturbance activities include, but are not limited to, commercial and residential development, timber harvesting, utility line installation and road maintenance and drainage improvements.
The District receives and conducts administrative reviews of NPDES Permit applications, reviews Erosion and Sediment (E&S) Control Plans and schedules pre-application meetings for NPDES Permit projects in Pike County. DEP’s Northeast Regional Waterways and Wetlands program staff conducts Post Construction Stormwater Management Plan reviews.
Pike County Conservation District recommends reviewing NPDES permit application materials before completing forms. For plans associated with projects requiring any permit under Chapter 102 (i.e. NPDES Permit, Erosion and Sediment Control Permit, ESCGP-1) please submit the following:
- Pike County Conservation District Application (PDF)
- Pike County Conservation District Fee Schedule for Services (PDF)
- Pike County Conservation District PNDI Information Sheet (PDF)
- Notice of Intent (NOI) and all applicable supporting information, including Application Checklist
- General Information Form (GIF)
- If applicable, Chapter 105 forms and fees
*It is the applicant’s responsibility to assure that all application materials submitted are the most current DEP forms.
Resources to assist in developing a complete NPDES Permit Application:
PA Trout Water Classification – Exceptional Value Wetland Determination Utilize: Approved Trout Waters, Class A Wild Trout Streams, Stream Sections that Support Natural Reproduction of Trout, Wilderness Trout Streams
- DEP Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control Program Manual
- PA Stormwater Best Management Practices Manual
- PNDI Search Instructions
- Transferee/Co-Permittee Application
- Co-Permittee Liaiblity Release Form for Permits Associated with 25 PA Code Chapter 102
- Notice of Termination of a General or Individual NPDES Permit or for an Erosion and Sediment Control Permit
Opportunities for Public Input on the NPDES Permit Process: A brochure on the opportunities the public has for making public comments in regard to Individual NPDES permits for Earth disturbance activities.
PA Bulletin: Includes information on statewide and local court rules; the Governor’s Proclamations and Executive orders; Actions by the General Assembly; Rulemakings by State agencies (including DEP applications, actions and notices); Proposed Rulemakings by State agencies; and State agency notices.