Conservation education and outreach efforts are a major emphasis of the District. Programs reach audiences of all ages focusing on a wide variety of conservation topics.
Water conservation, water quality and quantity, watersheds, wetland identification, land use management, soil erosion pollution prevention and how all of these relate to the unique qualities of Pike County are program topics.
The District provides outreach through:
- Classroom and community education programs
- Municipal workshops and outreach
- Environmental Education Project grants
- Pike/Wayne Envirothon
- Workshops, technical assistance and outreach to residents and businesses on environmental permitting
- Regular communication with local, state, and federal legislators regarding conservation issues.